December 03, 2011

Revamped Dresser

This dresser was picked up off of Craigslist and it had potential. After getting it home, I realized that it was a homemade dresser (i.e., it needed a lot of work). The bottoms of each drawer needed to be reglued and clamped. There were rusty old nails holding the drawers together...yuck!


Just to refresh your memory this is what it looked like when it came home with me.

BEFORE

AFTER


just making her pretty for Christmas















If you remember I did a pair of nightstands that you can read about {here} and this dresser will be joining them. I like the blue/gray color I have been doing but I'm itching to do something different and something bold. I have green on the brain...oooh, or maybe a yellow!

Any color suggestions for future pieces?


Linking up to:


16 comments:

  1. Wow! It really was a homely little piece (sorry original carpenter of it) but the potential was definitely there. Great transformation from ugly duckling to beautiful swan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is an incredible transformation! I love seeing furniture before and afters :) The before was so dull, you brought it back to life!
    My colour suggestion: turquoise! Not sure if it would go with your decor, but I've seen a few turquoise redos on blogs this week and I've fallen in love! Wish I was brave enough to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous redo! Distressing is so nicely done - love the color!! I'm with Samaa, how about turquoise next?! :) One of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT AND THE COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL , YOU DID A GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, I went to your blog and I am in awe! There are so many great before and after's. As soon as I put my daughter to bed I will be following you and spending the rest of my night stalking....um I mean browsing your blog. Thanks for the sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice in drawer knobs! The top ones are fabulous! And the colour is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE NICE THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT MY BLOG. ILL BE POSTING YOUR FEATURE LATER TODAY..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely piece. I'm following your blog and Pinterest now too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I found this redo over at BetterAfter. I love it! So fab. Can I ask where you got the knobs? They are awesome and I'd love to find some similar for my kitchen cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for looking! I got the knobs from Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This came out great! I can't wait to see what you do next. Yellow sounds fun! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank Danielle! Have you seen my yellow side table? I think yellow is now my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I LOVE the color....what color is it? I'm wanting to paint my dining room hutch something like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I'm sorry but I don't know the exact color because it's a custom color that I mixed.

      Delete